Cancellations by the Client
CANCELLATIONS BY THE CLIENT
- The Client cannot cancel the reservation of tickets for the Inca Trail or alter the names and dates of the reservation because of the very strict policy of the park.
- Peru by Locals cannot refund any money paid by the Client for tickets for the Inca Trail.
- If the Client cancels any trip with Peru by Locals 30 days in advance of the tour or trek, Peru by Locals will refund the booking fee, less an administrative fee of 10% and the value of tickets already purchased.
- Cancellations made by the Client 30 days or less before the trek or tour will incur a penalty equal to the deposit paid.
- Deposits are non-refundable.
- If a cancellation is made by the Client within 7 days of the trek or tour, the Client will forfeit the deposit paid, and will be liable for any additional costs incurred by Peru by Locals for additional bookings and preparations made.
- All booking changes or cancellations made by the Client must be communicated to Peru by Locals in writing by fax or email, and will only be deemed to have been received by Peru by Locals when a written acknowledgement has been sent to the Client by Peru by Locals.
- In case part of a booking is cancelled by the Client, the remaining members of the party may have to pay additional charges (e.g. under-occupancy or single room supplements).
- If your trek is cancelled for reasons of force majeure, such as natural disasters and social unrest, Peru by Locals cannot refund any deposits paid by the Client. Every effort will be made by Peru by Locals to ensure that the Clients trek or tour goes ahead as planned.
- In the event that the Client has to leave the trek without completing it for any reason, the Client will be liable for any additional costs incurred for staff assistance, transportation and food.
- Peru by Locals will ensure that the Client receives assistance in case of any emergency, and promises to endeavour to ensure that the Client manages to still have the best tour if at all possible.
CHANGES AND CANCELLATION BY PERU BY LOCALS
- While Peru by Locals will do its very best to provide all treks and tours as advertised, by entering into this contract the Client accepts that it may be necessary to change a tour itinerary due to local conditions. Peru by Locals reserves the right at any time to cancel or change any of the facilities, services or prices and to substitute alternative arrangements of equal monetary value without compensation and accepts no liability for loss of enjoyment as a result of these changes.
- Every effort will be made to communicate the changes necessitated to the Client at the earliest possible time. If Peru by Locals makes any changes to the booking for any reason other than those of force majeure, the Client will have the right to accept or refuse the changes, swop the booking for an alternative tour or cancel the booking for a full refund.
- Force majeure includes war, threat of war, riots, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activities, natural or nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions, technical or maintenance problems with transport, changes imposed by cancellation or rescheduling of flights by an airline, the alteration of airline or aircraft type, or other similar events beyond the control of Peru by Locals.
- Peru by Locals is not liable for any charges in the event of a change – beyond their control – prior to the departure time or date of a tour, flight or other form of transport.
PASSPORT, VISA AND VACCINATIONS
- Once the Client makes a booking on any trek with Peru by Locals, we submit all the information to the Machu Picchu Park such as full name, passport number, gender and age. Everything listed above has to be the same at the starting point of the Inca trail. If the information does not match, the Client will not be able to start the trek. The Client will have to carry the original passport to verify their information.
- If in any circumstances the passport number changes between the reservation and the trek date, the Client must send a copy of the new passport to Peru by Locals to ensure that this information is updated with the Machu Picchu park office. The Client will be liable for the cost of USD12.00 to the Machu Picchu Park. To avoid this cost, the Client can carry along both the old and the new passport to the starting point of the Inca Trail.
- It is the responsibility of the Client to be in possession of a valid passport, visa permits, all required vaccinations by Peru and the country of origin and preventive medicines, as may be required by both countries for the duration of the tour.
Things you should know before knowing our city.
Machu Picchu is inarguably the most important undertaking left behind by the extraordinary Inca civilization. In order for pilgrims...
Huayna Picchu, the eternal guardian of the Inca citadel, is the highest peak that can be seen in typical...
Tourist Ticket The Cusco tourist ticket is one of the most important tourism development initiatives in Cusco. This ticket...
June and October are the perfect months for a visit to Cusco, when the sun comes out early and...
Cusco Walking Tour – Overview Cusco, or Qosqo in the language of the Incas, was the heart of the...