Regulations of Machu Picchu
Machu Picchu as recognized as a heritage site and as new seven wonders of the world by UNESCO and the place is protected by the Peruvian government.
- The number of visitor is limited up 2,500 people every day, which includes the Inka trail hikers.
- The number of hikers to Inka trail is limited to 500 per day, which includes guides, porters and cooks.
- The number of people allowed to climb Wayna (Huayna) Picchu is only 400 per day.
- You are not allowed to bring packs bigger that 35 litter inside Machu Picchu.
- You are not allowed to bring walking sticks inside Machu Picchu.
All the tour operators to Machu Picchu are strongly compromised to help the preservation of this site.
If you are thinking to book any tours with which includes Machu Picchu, we recommend you to book as soon as possible.
Note. See more about HUAYNA PICCHU HERE.