Terms & Conditions
PERU BY LOCALS BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Contract between the Client and Peru by Locals
- Bookings and Payments
- Changes by the Client
- Cancellation by the Client
- Changes and Cancellations by Peru by Locals
- Passport, Visa and Vaccinations
- Age, Health and Fitness
1.- CONTRACT BETWEEN THE CLIENT AND PERU BY LOCALS
The travel contract mentioned below is regulated by the International Convention on Travel Contracts (Brussels, 1970), which states that all cancellations, changes and substitutions for reasons applicable to the traveller or the Agency are subject to penalty. The cancellations and changes of reservations caused by unforeseen circumstances or force majeure, such as natural or social phenomena, will be regulated as stated in this contract.
- To confirm a booking with Peru by Locals, a deposit of US$200 per person is required, the balance to be due upon arrival in Cusco. The deposit is non-refundable within 30 days of the trek or tour. Clients booking by telephone, fax or email will be deemed to have read the booking conditions.
- A booking is accepted and confirmed and the contract between Peru by Locals and the Client becomes binding once Peru by Locals recieves the deposit from the Client.
- The contract is between Peru by Locals and the Client, which includes all persons named on the booking form. The person signing the booking form confirms that he/she has full authority on behalf of all the persons named on the booking form and confirms that all such persons are fully aware of and accept these conditions.
2.- BOOKINGS AND PAYMENTS
- PRICES: (This section will be different for each trek / tour – to be added at the end of each trek / tour page)
- STUDENT DISCOUNT: To qualify for the student discount, please send us a scanned copy of both sides of your student ID card when you make the booking. Valid student cards include the International ISIC card.
- CHILDREN: Children up to 15 years of age will be regarded as students, under condition that you provide us a copy of the passport when you make the booking.
- MINIMUM NUMBER: We need a minimum of two (2) people to run a trek, up to maximum of eight (8) people per group.
- DEPOSITS & PAYMENTS: To make the deposit of $200 per person, please use our payment options (PayPal). Please click here for Our Payment Options.
- AVAILABILITY OF PERMITS FOR MACHU PICCHU: Please inform us about the dates and the site you want to hike to, and we will replay via e-mail the availability of permits, especially for Machu Picchu. For more information about the Inca Trail, please click here.
- AVAILABILITY OF PERMITS FOR HUAYNAPICCHU: If you would like to climb Huayna Picchu, the mountain overlooking Machu Picchu, you have to reserve tickets and pay an additional permit fee in advance, as the number of hikers allowed on this mountain are restricted. For more information, please visit our page on Huayna Picchu.
- HOW TO BOOK: In order for us to confirm your booking on any of our treks ot tours, you are requierd to pay a deposit of $200 per person. The balance will be due one day before the beginning of your trek/tour. To register, send an e-mail containing the information as listed below for each guest to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Please click here to complete our online booking form.
- Full name and surname,
- Passport number,
- Date of birth,
- Nationality and
- The balance of the amount due must be paid to Peru by Locals, in Cusco, no later than one (1) day before the date of the tour or trek. In case of non-payment of the balance by the due date, Peru by Locals will treat the booking as cancelled by the Client.
- The Client can make the payment by using the following payment option: PayPal.
- All prices are based on United States of America Dollar.
- Our prices do not include Peruvian sales taxes. Those exempt from paying this tax must meet the legal standards. For an exemption from the IGV (General Sales Tax), the visitor (guest) must prove that he or she meets the international treaty standards honored in Peru by showing a passport, driver’s license or national identity card. Please note that visitors who have stayed in Peru for longer than 60 calendar days are no longer exempt from IGV (General Sales Tax). Also make sure that your identity documents are legible and note that the TAM (Andina Migration Card) cannot substitute a passport.
3.- CHANGES BY THE CLIENT
The person signing the booking form must confirm any changes to the original booking in writing. If the Client requests any changes to the itinerary after receiving a booking confirmation, the Client will be liable for any additional costs or charges arising from these changes. While every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate additional requests for changes, the availability of last-minute services cannot be guaranteed.
4.- CANCELLATIONS BY THE CLIENT
- The Client cannot cancel the reservation of tickets for the Inca Trail or alter the names and dates of the reservation because of the very strict policy of the park.
- Peru by Locals cannot refund any money paid by the Client for tickets for the Inca Trail.
- If the Client cancels any trip with Peru by Locals 30 days in advance of the tour or trek, Peru by Locals will refund the booking fee, less an administrative fee of 10% and less the value of tickets already purchased.
- Cancellations made by the Client 30 days or less before the trek or tour will incur a penalty equal to the deposit paid.
- Deposits are non-refundable.
- If the Client cancels within 7 days of the trek or tour, the Client will forfeit the deposit paid, and will be liable for any additional costs incurred by Peru by Locals for additional bookings and preparations made.
- All booking changes or cancellations made by the Client must be communicated to Peru by Locals in writing via fax or email, and will only be deemed to have been received by Peru by Locals when Peru by Locals has sent a written acknowledgement to the Client.
- In case the Client cancels part of a booking, the remaining members of the party may have to pay additional charges (e.g. under-occupancy or single room supplements).
- If your trek is cancelled for reasons of force majeure, such as natural disasters and social unrest, Peru by Locals cannot refund any deposits paid by the Client. Every effort will be made by Peru by Locals to ensure that the Clients trek or tour continues as planned.
- If the Client has to leave the trek without completing it for any reason, the Client will be liable for any additional costs incurred for staff assistance, transportation and food.
- Peru by Locals will ensure that the Client receives assistance in case of any emergency, and promises to endeavour to ensure that the Client manages to still have the best tour if at all possible.
5.- CHANGES AND CANCELLATION BY PERU BY LOCALS
- While Peru by Locals will endeavour to do its very best to provide all treks and tours as advertised, by entering into this contract, the Client accepts that it may be necessary to change a tour itinerary due to local conditions. Peru by Locals reserves the right to cancel or change any of the facilities, services or prices and to substitute alternative arrangements of equal monetary value at any time without compensation and accepts no liability for loss of enjoyment because of these changes.
- Every effort will be made to communicate the changes necessitated to the Client at the earliest possible time. If Peru by Locals makes any changes to the booking for any reason other than those of force majeure, the Client will have the right to accept or refuse the changes, swop the booking for an alternative tour or cancel the booking for a full refund.
- Force majeure includes war, threat of war, riots, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activities, natural or nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions, technical or maintenance problems with transport, changes imposed by cancellation or rescheduling of flights by an airline, the alteration of airline or aircraft type, or other similar events beyond the control of Peru by Locals.
- Peru by Locals will not be liable for any charges in the event of a change – beyond their control – prior to the departure time or date of a tour, flight or other form of transport.
6.- PASSPORT, VISA AND VACCINATIONS
- Once the Client makes a booking on any trek with Peru by Locals, we submit all the information such as full name, passport number, gender and age to the Machu Picchu Park. All information listed above will be verified at the starting point of the Inca Trail. If the information does not match, the Client will not be able to start the trek. The Client will have to carry his/her original passport to verify his/her information.
- If the passport number changes for any reason what so ever between the reservation and the trek date, the Client has to send a copy of the new passport to Peru by Locals to ensure that this information is updated with the Machu Picchu Park office. The Client will be liable for the cost of USD12.00 to the Machu Picchu Park. To avoid this cost, the Client can bring both the old and the new passport to the starting point of the Inca Trail.
- It is the responsibility of the Client to be in possession of a valid passport, visa permits, all required vaccinations and preventive medicines, as may be required by Peru and the country of origin for the duration of the tour.
7.- AGE, FITNESS AND PARTICIPATION
- HEALTH: If the Client suffers from any illnesses or physical disability, the Client is obliged to disclose the information to Peru by Locals at the time of booking.
It is the Client’s responsibility to consult a medical doctor or travel clinic before the trip to Peru to find out about what medicine need to be taken with. Our trek guides carry a first aid kit, but the Client should bring any personal medicine with. If the Client has to use any prescription medicine while travelling, he/she has to bring a letter from the doctor to present to immigration officials at the airport to prevent them from confiscating the medicine. We advise the Client to always carry a spare prescription from doctor, just in case his/her luggage goes missing and he/she needs his/her prescription medecine urgently.
- FITNESS: Trekking in the Andean mountains requires a certain level of fitness, so it is crucial that you prepare yourself. Running and walking up and down stairs will help you to finish the treks.
Things you should know before knowing our city.
Machu Picchu is inarguably the most important undertaking left behind by the extraordinary Inca civilization. In order for pilgrims and authorized officials of the Empire to reach the citadel, they first had to travel the Royal Road through the...
Huayna Picchu, the eternal guardian of the Inca citadel, is the highest peak that can be seen in typical photographs of Machu Picchu, and scaling its summit is a truly unforgettable experience. The strenuous ascent takes approximately two hours,...
Tourist Ticket The Cusco tourist ticket is one of the most important tourism development initiatives in Cusco. This ticket allows tourists to make a one-time payment, gaining access to nearly all of the city’s varied tourist attractions. It can...
June and October are the perfect months for a visit to Cusco, when the sun comes out early and shines all day. The rainy season begins in November and lasts until March. During this time of year, we suggest...