Booking policies – Covid-19
COVID-19 Updated Policies
Dear Peru by Locals Guests
At Peru by Locals your safety and health was always our top priority and especially now in this pandemic situation, we understand that the concerns about the COVID-19 situation is very high globaly, Peru by Locals is doing it’s best to assist every guest during this time answering pone calls, emails and helping on taking decitions to still travel to Peru, Hiking the Inca trail, Salkantay, Ancascocha, Choquequirao or any other tour eather still make your trip this year or pospone it. We have been working hard in adapting our booking and cancelación policies and being very flexible with your trip booked or future booking you want take with us for you to still come your dreams thrue.
We are here for you to assist through our 24/7 number (WhatsApp) +51 989585967 and answer all your questions and work with perfect trip planning.
Updated FACTs about Covid-19 situation In Peru untill April 21
- All tourist atractions including Machu Picchu are open to public including the short Inca trail, Salkantay Trek, Ancascocha trek, Choquequirao trek, and all attractions in Cusco but the classic Inca trail
- Peruvian government is already opening borders and allowing international travellers visit Machu Picchu and other attractions in Peru
- Ministry of culture, Tour guides, Travel company organizations have been working on protocoles of visiting Machu Picchu.
- Peru by Locals has fully established protocols of operations for your safety travels and has been approved by the ministry of health and the ministry of Culture
BOOKINGS POLICIES WITH PERU BY LOCALS
We are taking all bookings for 2021 season, any booking you make with PERU BY LOCALS can be canceled with no costs up to 15 days prior the trip except the Classic Inca trail. We will only require 10% pre-payment of the total cost of any trip and that will guaranty your booking 100% and if you cancel your trip fro any reason we will still refund your 10% prepayment too. Its time to plan with no risks of loosing money.
What trek or tours are the best options to take now?
Classic Inca Trail
- The 4 day trekking through classic Inca trail is still closed so, PERU BY LOCALS can’t assure any permits yet. But the ministry of culture is planning to re-open on July of this season since they already have all protocols done, we have some of our guests in waiting list, because they booked even in this situation asap permits are on sale we will purchase those permits.
- If you booked The classic Inca trail with PERU BY LOCALS for 2020 but then you changed to 2021 but you can’t make it, don’t worry that you can still take a trip with us on 2022 with no extra fees or swap with other trek such Salkantay, Ancascocha and simply a trip package that does not involve trekking.
- The short Inca trail is open currently and its perfect to hike because very few people are hiking it and is just amazing not finding many hikers and is the same case in Machu Picchu, seing 100 people maybe per day for now is much better than seeing 5000 people per day as occurred before the pandemic.
- Ancascocha, Salkantay, Choquequirao, Ausangate + Rainbow mountain are open currently so, Peru by Locals is taking booking with free risk.
- Some hotels, restaurants, local shops, banks are open
Travel with ease
If you made your decision on taking trip with Peru by Locals, we are prepared to host you. In any trip we will be monitoring in every tour, trek, hotel transfers for you comfort and enjoyment.
Travel with confidence knowing the following are in place that we are very careful in everyway for your safety and healthy trip.
- Cleaning. We use hotels that follow strict protocols of cleaning and disenfecion after each use, our transport are deeply cleaned between each use and while on treks or tours we will have hand washing and sanitization station available the whole time.
- Social distancing. The best social distancing for now is traveling in private groups as couples, family, friends and that’s what we love as a travel company plus we like to give personalize service and all hotels and restaurants are operating at reduced capacity and that’s 40% of their capacity
- Outdoor trips. Being out in the mountains is the the way to keep social distance with fresh air and some treks may not need to wear face mask all the time because barely people will be found on your way.
- Travel insurance. Peru by Locals really recommends to purchase travel insurance especially in this unpredictable situation